McCall Mountain Madness Softball Team
Thank you for participating in our McCall Mountain Madness summer softball program. For your convenience, we have put together a list of information for your reference.
Click here to Register a Player"
McCall Mountain Madness is a 501c(3) Non Profit, run by parents and coaches and has an ambitious fundraising program to supply all needed equipment to your kids. This is not McCall Parks and Rec.
- MMM is designed for 13 and 14 year olds (upcoming 8th and 9th graders)*
This is a place to play between 12u rec ball and High School softball
- This is not Parks and Rec ball, this is Travel Softball. Our goal is to have FUN and to get kids hooked on softball, but we play in a competitive environment and skills, attitude and commitment matter.
Kids who make practice, work hard, have a good attitude will play.
We want your child to play a position she is comfortable, but ultimately one that will help the team.
- Your kids will be required to have their own glove and cleats (ask a coach before you buy) and buy team socks.
We strongly recommend sliding shorts, athletic/warm under-clothes, etc.
We supply bats, helmets, catchers gear, etc., but you are welcome to buy for your kids, just ask a coach for USA softball requirements.
- Our season will go from mid-May through mid-July.
- We will practice 2-3 days a week, depending on games. Usually 5pm at the High School field.
- Scheduling games with neighboring communities is difficult and done by busy volunteers. We do not have a set game schedule yet, but will likely play on Wednesdays and Saturdays including Fri/Saturday Tournaments. We will get games scheduled and parents notified as far in advance as possible. Please feel free to look at the Schedule Page to look at upcoming events.
- We schedule travel games and Tournaments in neighboring communities and at home:
- New Plymouth
- Ontario, Oregon
- Baker, Oregon
- We will travel to/from games as a Team on MDHS White Activity Busses.
- There is a cost to play. $150 ($85 refundable)
- Uniform deposit - $45 (refundable when your uniform is returned)
- Player Fee - $65 – cover the cost of umpires, game balls, bus travel, USA Softball registration, etc.
- Volunteer Deposit - $40 – (refundable when you volunteer at our summer tournament or otherwise in the program)
- As needed Travel fee for lodging – If we stay overnight as a team
- We need your help, if you want to coach, schedule games, design website, register with USA softball, scorekeep, do field upkeep, work concessions, etc. please let us know.
Thank you, we are looking forward to a great summer!
Click here to Register a Player